Laurie GilmerPrincipal Broker
Laurie has lived on the West Coast and East Coast, but Oregon has been her home since 1993. Laurie has purchased fixer uppers, move-in ready homes, detached homes, and a loft. She has loved watching Portland area neighborhoods change and evolve with their own personalities, making Laurie proud to call Portland home.
Laurie was a mental health clinician for many years. Skills she used as a therapist— active listening, building a trusting relationship, stress management, and organization— are invaluable in her true passion, selling Real Estate. She works hard and takes pride in handling every detail of your purchase or sale. Almost 100% of Laurie’s business is through referrals of satisfied clients and she values her clients’ opinions and confidence in her. She recognizes that it is often more than just about real estate; it is about your life, your money, your goals and dreams.
Assisting and supporting people fulfill their dreams, in both personal and professional capacities, is a value Laurie is proud to hold. Her involvement as the producer of a non- profit theatre company demonstrates her commitment to the people of our community. In A Different Light Theatre Company supports recovery of people living with mental illness through the theatre arts. Laurie’s dedication to giving back to the community will always be an important part of her professional and personal life.
Laurie plans to have a long career in Real Estate. Although a transaction has closed, Laurie is still available to her clients on an ongoing basis. She encourages her clients to use her as a resource on remodeling, referrals for trades’ people, or even questioning if now is the right time to buy or sell. Laurie prides herself in always being happy to help any way that she can.
Laurie’s leisure time is spent enjoying traveling, scuba diving, cooking, music, skiing, local dining and events, as well as exploring and enjoying all the unique things Oregon has to offer.
- BA in Sociology from University of California, Santa Barbara
- MS in Counseling Psychology from Northeastern University, Boston
- Member of The Master’s Circle (formerly Million Dollar Club) consecutively since 2004. Currently holds the highest level in The Master’s Circle, Diamond Platinum Level.
- Member of PABA (Portland Area Business Association)
- Knowledgeable about Green building; Earth Advantage S.T.A.R. Certified Realtor and an Energy Trust of Oregon Professional Trade Ally.
- Voted a 5-Star Service Provider by industry leaders and readers of Portland Monthly Magazine (top 7% of Realtors in Portland Metro Area) in 2011-2016
- Earned Principal Broker’s license in 2010.